This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) governs your use of the Services and is incorporated by reference into HOSTSTING LLC’s Terms of Service. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in this AUP have the meanings provided in the Terms of Service. HOSTSTING LLC may modify this AUP at any time without notice.
The Services provided by HOSTSTING LLC may only be used for lawful purposes. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Services. HOSTSTING LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that in our judgment violates this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice. Failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within the specified time period in our email to you may result in the suspension or termination of the Services.
- Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Use of the Services to infringe upon another party’s intellectual property rights is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, the unauthorized copying or distribution of movies, music, books, photographs, software/warez, or any other copyrighted work. Selling or offering to sell any counterfeit merchandise will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be infringing on the intellectual property rights of others will be expeditiously removed or access to the material will be disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of this prohibition will be suspended or terminated.
- If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed upon, please email email@example.com. For copyright infringement claims, HOSTSTING LLC follows the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice and take down procedures.
- Using a shared account as a backup/storage device.
- It is allowed to use our services to store backups. Prior to doing so we require you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us of your intent to use the account for backup storage and how much you plan on storing within the account. Any intent to store more than 20gb of pure storage (non-active or used) files is at our discretion to deny service.
- Unacceptable material on our servers include without limitation:
- IRC Scripts / Bots
- IRCD (irc servers)
- Proxy Scripts / Anonymizers
- Auto Surf / PTC / PTS / PPC sites
- IP Scanners
- Bruteforce Programs / Scripts / Applications
- Mail Bombers / Spam Scripts
- Banner-Ad services
- Escrow / Bank Debentures
- Investment sites (forex, e-gold exchange, second life, ponzi, mlm)
- Sale or distribution of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
- Lottery / Gambling sites
- Sites promoting illegal activities
- Fraudulent Sites
- Anonymous or bulk SMS gateways
- Bitcoin Miners
- PayDay loan sites (or anything affiliating with one)
- Child Pornography Prohibited
- Content that is potentially harmful to minors, as determined in HOSTSTING LLC’s sole discretion, is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to, child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography. Any website found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice.
- Other Prohibited Content
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our Terms of Service or this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Unacceptable Resource Usage
- You may not:
- Use twenty-five percent (25%) or more of our system resources for longer than ninety (90) seconds at a time.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
- Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
- Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, call of duty, etc
- Run any MySQL queries longer than fifteen (15) seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
- Include the URL when using PHP include functions for including a local file. Instead of including ‘http://yourdomain.com/include.php’, use ‘include.php’ or ‘/home/username/public_html/include.php’.
- We do not currently have an INODE limit on an account basis however if you go over 25,000 inodes it is at our discretion to not include your account in our daily backups.
- DISK SPACE
- Your disk space is limited to the exact limitations provided in the package you purchased. We do not set any substandard limitations hidden in the AUP like most hosts. However, if you are using more than 25gb of data it is at our discretion to not include you in our backups (unless you purchase our backup service).
Free Backup System
This is a simple notice that our backup system is never guaranteed and that backups are the responsibility of the customer and not HOSTSTING LLC. That being said we do have a backup system that we use to store multiple copies of your files both on and off site. If you are over 25,000 inodes, or 25gb of data it is at our own discretion on whether or not to include your account in our backup system. NOTE: This does NOT apply to our paid-for backup service, this only applies to users not paying for backups.
Websites hosted on HOSTSTING LLC’s servers in the U.S. are regulated by U.S. law. Accordingly, pursuant to Section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act, HOSTSTING LLC’s policy is not to remove allegedly defamatory material from websites hosted on our servers unless the material has been found to be defamatory by a court, as evidenced by a court order. As a webhost, HOSTSTING LLC is not a publisher of User content and we are not in a position to investigate the veracity of individual defamation claims. We rely on the legal system and the courts to determine whether or not material is indeed defamatory. In any case in which a court order indicates that material is defamatory, libelous, or slanderous in nature, we will disable access to the material. Similarly, in any case in which a U.S. court has placed an injunction against specified content or material being made available, we will comply and remove or disable access to the material in question.
Failure to adhere to our Acceptable Use Policy can result in your account being suspended, and/or terminated from our hosting service with little or no warning. We expect a response to all abuse related tickets within 48 hours, failure to do so can result in your account being suspended or terminated at the sole discretion of HOSTSTING LLC.